Mirasol holds an extensive portfolio of 20 high quality 100%-owned gold and silver projects in the Deseado Massif of Santa Cruz province in southern Argentina, one of the world’s most prolific low sulphidation epithermal provinces. The portfolio encompasses projects at all exploration stages from advanced exploration drilling, to drill ready projects available for joint venture, to a large group of early stage "pipeline projects". Properties in the portfolio were initially generated through collaboration with Global Ore Discovery consultancy , and were identified, staked and explored by Mirasol’s technical team. This reflects Mirasol's commitment to combining leading edge exploration technologies with high calibre geological field teams to produce rapid and cost effective exploration results. Mirasol has an extensive proprietary exploration database that complements the combined exploration experience and track record for discovery, of its staff, in the province of over 50 years.
Some key Mirasol projects in the Santa Cruz Portfolio include:
Under Joint Venture
Available for Joint Venture
- Claudia - gold-silver,includes the extension of Cerro Vanguardia vein field
- La Curva - high grade gold veins, and bulk mineable gold targets
- Libanesa - silver-gold-lead breccia pipe with peripheral high grade veins
- Sascha - gold, shoots identified from previous drilling; new drill targets
- Espejo – silver-gold, the gravel covered extension of Manantial Espejo vein field
- Nico - silver-gold epithermal breccia and veins in multiple targets, dome related
- Virginia - Santa Rita - recently discovered bonanza grade vein system on a large property
- Playa Grande silver - high level vein zone; extensive undercover potential
- Cerro Moro district play - cluster of early stage projects encircling the Cerro Moro gold silver district.
There are currently four operating gold and silver mines in Santa Cruz: the world class Cerro Vanguardia mine (AngloGold Ashanti: 5.5 Moz gold reserves); the recently commissioned Manantial Espejo mine (Pan-American Silver: 0.4 Moz gold and 45.8 Moz silver resources); the San Jose mine (Hochschild Group and Minera Andes: 0.5 Moz gold and 33.4 Moz Silver resources); and Coeur d’Alene’s high grade Martha silver mine. In recent years, a surge of new discoveries in the Deseado Massif has yielded six precious metal projects currently being drilled out, including Mirasol’s Joaquin project. New out cropping precious metal discoveries continue to flow from this emerging Province as exemplified by Mirasol’s grass roots discovery of the high grade Virginia Vein Zone in November 2009.